Thank you for the lovely comments on my finished pullover! Many of you commented on the great color of the yarn, too. Truth be told that’s my absolutely favorite shade of red. You may have noticed that you rarely see me in a lot of red though (outside of lipstick and nail polish) because I’m super picky about them, so it’s ideal having a great staple pullover in a favorite shade!
As promised, here’s a list of all the posts in my fitting and knitting a 1940s pullover project, from start to finish. You can also find all of the posts tagged here:
Thanks to everyone for the nice comments both here and via email, throughout this series. It was really a pleasure walking through this project with you step-by-step!
- Intro: Follow along as I fit, knit and modernize a 1940s pullover
- Download the pattern free
- Deciding to change gauge & yarn weight
- Figuring out the expected finished size
- Resizing the body of the pattern (Part 1)
- Resizing the body of the pattern (Part 2)
- Row gauge, armholes and shoulders
- How to knit seamless set-in sleeves from the top down
- Finished 1947 Campus Classics Cable Pullover (and my Ravelry project page)
Don’t forget: exciting news is coming soon! Want to be the first to hear about updates at By Gum, By Golly on occasion? Then you’d better join my mailing list on the sidebar on the right!